DIY Tax Resolution
Are you thinking about dealing directly with the IRS yourself by filling-out the forms you get from the IRS website to apply for a payment plan, or a reduced tax bill? Not really the best idea and there are many reasons why. Sure, you CAN swim with the sharks and deal directly with the IRS yourself if you want to. You can print the forms (hoping you’re using the right ones) and fill them out yourself (hoping you know those calculation methods and Standards that the tax professionals use). But there’s much more to it than that!
If you decide to go ahead with the do-it-yourself idea, you won’t be able to utilize our state-of-the-art tax resolution software that tailor-fits an optimal solution for you while producing professional-looking paperwork to present to the IRS. More importantly, you won’t benefit from the “Shield of Representation” that brings along with it the ‘Peace of Mind’ you get from knowing that you have a licensed, experienced, and knowledgeable representative who will take the IRS by the horns to negotiate your settlement.
Isn’t it about time to get the IRS gorilla off of your back?
Five Reasons to Have a Professional Tax Settlement and Negotiation Team
- Experience — Our tax professionals are highly experienced in the field. They are able to draw upon decades of practice in resolving tax problems for business and personal tax issues. In addition to top-notch experience, all of our tax professionals are licensed Enrolled Agents.
- Knowledge — It takes quite a bit of tax knowledge to become an Enrolled Agent. There are fewer Enrolled Agents than there are lawyers and CPAs, neither of which is necessarily a tax professional. There’s a reason why. All Enrolled Agents must pass stringent exams; complete annual tax-based continuing education requirements; and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics to obtain and maintain the Enrolled Agent license from the US Treasury Department. The majority of our tax professionals also have a Master of Science in Taxation as well.
- Tax Resolution Software — We utilize an advanced computer software program to analyze our tax cases and produce the paperwork that we send to the IRS for our Clients. This software is amazing! It allows us to feed in financial data one time and model for different payment plans and settlements. It is impossible to do this yourself unless you use our software program. There are no erasure smudges on our forms. No recalculating to be done. What about those standards the IRS uses? People generally are better served by having their tax settlements handled by professionals. Using the right tools makes all the difference! And, knowing how to use them to create optimal solutions makes it all the more beneficial for our Clients. You can leave a bunch of money on the table if you do it wrong. Worse yet, you can fall into a trap with the IRS if you don’t know what to look out for when dealing with them directly.
- The Shield of Representation — When you retain us to work on your tax resolution case, a licensed Enrolled Agent will become your Representative before the IRS. A simple form makes this happen. At that point, the IRS is thereby instructed to only contact your Representative about your tax matters for the years listed on the form. Think of it as “lawyering up” with the IRS. It is. From then on, the IRS Revenue Agents and Revenue Officers will be calling your Representative directly. Now you have someone who will deal directly with the IRS on your behalf. And, not just anyone. You’ll have someone looking out for you that knows the ropes! You need someone who is familiar with the ins and outs of IRS policies and rules to effectively represent you while protecting your taxpayer rights.
- Peace of Mind — We help many Clients with tax problems and effectively negotiate settlements for them. But, when you get right down to it, our business is really one of providing Peace of Mind to our Clients. When they know they won’t have to deal directly with the IRS, it is a major burden lifted from their shoulders. They are able to sleep restfully at night. They don’t worry about their bank account being at zero in the morning. They don’t have a dreadful feeling when they check their mailbox wondering if another one of those IRS letters is in there. They don’t worry about whether they’ll keep getting their paychecks on payday. Our solutions help get our Clients heading in the right direction with their taxes while providing protection against devastating IRS collection activities. There can eventually be a day when the worries are gone. They vanish at some point with a successful tax resolution. But all along the tax resolution journey, you’ll have Peace of Mind knowing that everything is being competently handled for you. There are calm seas and sunshiny days ahead!
Caution: Use these forms at your own risk. The form or information you need for your particular tax matter may not be located on these pages. We listed some of the most common tax relief forms. Be sure to check the Official IRS Website and make sure you’re using the latest version of the forms before using them.
NOTE: Some forms have those notoriously vague and confusing IRS instructions. It is important to print professional-looking forms to send to the IRS. If you send in handwritten forms, it just doesn’t look good. Use at your own risk!
IRS Tax Relief Forms – Not a good idea but here they are: Offer in Compromise Forms, Installment Agreement Forms, Collection Information Statements, Innocent Spouse Relief, Injured Spouse Allocation and more…